Sunday, January 1, 2012

1st day of 2012

i walked. for 30 minutes i just walked. not sure of where to go to. until i reached the open beach in Abu Dhabi. i stayed there looking at the beauty of the moon and the stars in the sky, feeling the breeze on my skin, listening to the sweet and calming sound of the sea.

talking to no one, I suddenly feel the urge of singing a song for Jesus Christ. i just want to praise Him during that time. i know i am not a good singer but for that moment I don't care. i sing and sing and sing of praises for Him.

i talked. He listened. I cried. the pain is trying to destroy me, i know that for sure, but He comforted me. He listened to every word I have to say. the pain is just too much i know i can no longer bear it, He carry my load. I cry and sing for quite some time.

15 minutes before 2012, two Arabian Family seat beside me. they both have a lovely child. one was girl (Maram) and the other was boy (Omar). we didn't talk at first. the baby boy just keeps on crying and crying while the baby girl (who's older) just play around. at 12, there were fireworks. the baby boy again cried so the mother was left with no choice but carry her child. they were just beside me. the boy looks at me and guess what? he smiled. every time i would look at the boy, he smiles and stares at me.

his mommy: this little naughty boy smiled at you. i think he likes you and the reason why he's crying awhile ago is because he can't see you clearly. see? he stops crying.
me: and i think you have a very lovely little boy.

another hour past without me noticing the time. the boy and i just play and laugh. the family talks to me too. they know some tagalog words like: magandang gabi. maganda ka. ano ang mobile number mo? and san ka nakatira. haha. so loveee talking to them.i really wanted to stay but i badly need to go because the house was far from the beach and it will take me another 30 minutes of walk to be able to go home..

me: i think i need to say bye for now.
his mom: oh, for sure he will miss you. thank you for your time thess. we're glad to meet you.
me: me too. your boy made my day. i was so sad awhile ago but when he smiles at me, all the pain was gone.
his mom: oh. he must have felt it and wanted to see you smile too. and thank you for your smile, yours is the sweetest smile i've ever seen, no kidding.
me: thank you. you have a wonderful family.
them: happy new year thess and merry Christmas. (they've greeted me merry Christmas though they are muslims hehe)
omar: (laughs then gave me a high five)

and i must say, that was the most spectacular new year celebration for me, ever!! a long time for my God and His gift. His unexpected gift of smile from a little boy. Oh how I love Jesus Christ. He never fails me. :) This is a good year for me, an overcomer I will be, because God remains in me. :)

No comments: